Talk with your Doctor
Your articular cartilage can't talk to a doctor. But you can.
It is important to talk to your doctor about your articular cartilage injury, alternative knee treatment options, and about the benefits and risks of each possible treatment.
Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What are my cartilage repair treatment options?
- What are the benefits and risks of each one?
- What are the long-term results for each one?
- Is there anything else wrong with my knee that would affect my treatment?
- What kind of physical therapy will I need? How long will I need it?
- How do you define success? Will my knee be as good as it was before I injured it?
- What happens if the cartilage repair procedure doesn’t work? What is our next option?
- Will my insurance cover the treatment?