Vericel Corporation (“Vericel”) respects individual privacy and is committed to protecting personally identifiable information in conformity with applicable legal and ethical standards.
Information Vericel Collects
Personally Identifiable Information
Vericel only collects personally identifiable information when you voluntarily submit it to Vericel. This may include when you register to access certain parts of this Site, sign up to receive emails or other communications, apply for a job, report a safety-related event related to one of our products, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request. This personally identifiable information can include, but is not limited to: (a) your name, contact information, sex, and other registration information; (b) health information; (c) information you provide when submitting an employment application form; (d) insurance and/or financial information; and (e information you provide us when you contact us. If you report an experience or reaction involving one of our products, we may ask you for additional information pursuant to our reporting obligations under existing federal regulations.
If you are a medical professional, you should make sure that you do not disclose identifiable information about your patients where not authorized by law.
Cookies and Other Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer when you use the Sites, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view through the Sites, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Sites, the length of time that you spend using the Sites, and the search terms you enter through the Sites. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Sites using the same computer, and to improve the Sites and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Sites save on your computer using your web browser and access when you return, or similar technologies.
With both cookies and transparent GIF files, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
We also track the total number of visitors to our Sites, the number of visitors to each page of the Sites, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. On certain Vericel Sites, we may also ask users that have opted to receive information to complete a survey. No personally identifiable information is gathered in any of these processes.
We may combine the personally identifiable information that you provide us with non-personally identifiable information automatically collected with information from public or third-party sources.
How Vericel Uses This Information
Personally Identifiable Information
We and our affiliates may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with products, services, or information you request, such as sending you investor information or processing your employment application;
- creating customized offers, information, and services tailored to your interests and preferences;
- sending you emails containing newsletters or other information that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with information about the Sites or required notices;
- investigating safety-related events arising from the use of our products, provided that if you report to us a safety-related event through our forms set up for this purpose for patients or healthcare professionals, we will only use the data you provide through the forms to contact you and comply with the applicable laws regarding this type of information;
- customizing your experience when using the Sites, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements through the website and providing you with content based on your interests;
- allowing us to improve the Sites and the products and services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Sites; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the sItes or elsewhere for any of these purposes. We may also use the information we collect and receive as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your content.
How Vericel Discloses This Information
Vericel does not sell or otherwise disclose any personal information (that is, your name, contact information, government identifier, or any other information associated with those data elements) we collect about or from you through the Sites to any third parties without your consent except for the purposes of processing the data, mailing information to you in response to your request, or otherwise carrying out the services described above. We may also release your personal data:
- to Vericel affiliates;
- to service providers who work on our behalf including, but not limited to, service providers such as background check vendors that evaluate your eligibility for employment opportunities to which you apply, and our webmasters, attorneys, auditors, and others who are hired to analyze the data collected through the Sites, provided that such service providers have agreed to only use the information to carry out the function being provided on our behalf;
- as required by law including, but not limited to, to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations such as disclosing information you submit about your personal experiences with one of our pharmaceutical products (investigational or marketed) to the Federal Food and Drug Administration pursuant to existing federal regulations, provided that if we are legally compelled to disclose your personally identifiable information to a third party, we will notify you of this fact unless doing so would violate the law or court order or pose a threat or danger to you or others, in which case we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of any information so provided; and
- to verify licensure of healthcare professionals; and
- to confirm contact or financial information; and
- to service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
Vericel uses administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of the personally identifiable data collected through its Sites, please be aware that there is always some risk involved when submitting data over the Internet. We cannot guarantee that our Sites are 100% safe from illegal tampering or “hacking.” Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
Your Information Choices
If at any time you wish to stop receiving emails or other communications from us, or if you have submitted information through our Sites and would like to have that information deleted from our records, please notify us using the contact information posted below. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Vericel, you may click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our email communications to you or contact us at the contact information below. You may also request access to personal data about you that Vericel holds and you may have the opportunity to request a correction or amendment to your personal data.
Please note that although we attempt to adhere to requests to remove personal data from our records, it may not be possible to remove all copies depending on the manner in which the information was submitted to us. In addition, we reserve the right not remove or amend information provided to us regarding an adverse drug effect and information is otherwise required to be retained to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. Each browser is different, so you should check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If your browser is set to reject cookies, sites like ours that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the site and the site may not function as intended.
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals. Visit www.allaboutdnt.org to learn more.
Users always have the option of declining to participate in any survey they receive from Vericel.
Links to Third Party Sites
Vericel, or in some cases its agents, may store the personally identifiable data collected via the Sites in an electronic database. Information collected through the Sites will be processed in and subject to the laws of United States of America (US), which may not provide the same level protection for your information as your home country, and may be available to the US government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the US. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the US to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. By using the Sites, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the US and other countries.
Our Sites are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.